Can't Boot-up Mediacoder

Bug report and feature request
Chips
Beginner
Beginner

Can't Boot-up Mediacoder

Post by Chips » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:03 am

Up till now I've been using x64 and it's been great! On booting up I've always had a start up page appear, at which point I simply click on a start button on the web page and the program pops up. But today I tried to boot up the program only to find that the start up page is always coming up blank, which is stopping me from booting up the program. Can anyone tell me what's up?

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Re: Can't Boot-up Mediacoder

Post by meRobs » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:28 am

I assume by 'startup page' you mean the welcome to MediaCoder webpage with a button to Start MeidaCoder?
If this is so, read: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8068 and also other Tips & Guides (link below).
As you'll see, it is easy to avoid this webpage and always start in MediaCoder directly.

As to why the welcome page is blank, I have no idea -- never seen it!
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

Chips
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Chips » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:29 am

Yep, that's it. I thought there might be some way to avoid that page. It's an annoyance even when it's working. Anyways, all I get now is a blank white page. Also, I've tried again since my original post and a box is now coming up saying that Mediacoder's stopped working.

encroder
Modest
Modest

Post by encroder » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Backup first and then delete the Prefs.xml in mediacoder folder. Then if mediaocder runs ok, delete the prefs file you had backed up.