Audio and Video Stream not deleted after muxing

Bug report and feature request
Jankes
Amateur
Amateur

Audio and Video Stream not deleted after muxing

Post by Jankes » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:28 am

Hi,

Since build 4700 MediaCoder leaves seperate video and audio stream in output folder after muxing.
New feature in version 0.7.5? Bug?

encroder
Modest
Modest

Re: Audio and Video Stream not deleted after muxing

Post by encroder » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:31 am

Jankes
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Jankes » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:25 am

Yes, same issue (.mp4 + .h264 + .m4a files in output folder)

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:35 pm

I can't reproduce this issue on my end. Maybe you are with some specific case.
When things work together, things work.

encroder
Modest
Modest

Post by encroder » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:42 am

Seems to be so far with container set to mp4 or (avi - xvid compressed etc). As tested viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9272&start=6#p28230

Jankes
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Jankes » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:41 am

stanley wrote:I can't reproduce this issue on my end. Maybe you are with some specific case.
use at least 2-pass mode
it looks like vbr/avg/constant modes are bug free

amoxitine
Amateur
Amateur

Post by amoxitine » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:08 pm

stanley wrote:I can't reproduce this issue on my end. Maybe you are with some specific case.
Hi Stanley,

I have applied update 0.7.5.4703 and I'm still getting the same issue as reported in this and the other thread on the same subject (which I have already posted in). I notice in the changelog for 0.7.5.4700 the entry stating "[update] MP4Box v0.4.6 dev 20100612 ", could the update to MP4 Box have any bearing on the extra a/v files being generated in the output folder?

If you need some settings to test to hopefully replicate the issue, here's the contents of the profile I use after a clean install of 0.7.5.4700 (from the XML file....)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MediaCoderPrefs><node key="overall.ui.param">700,640,250,100</node><node key="overall.ui.noWelcome">4700</node><node key="overall.task.destdir">C:\Media Coder Output\</node><node key="overall.task.tempdir">C:\Temp\</node><node key="overall.audio.format">LC-AAC</node><node key="overall.audio.encoder">Nero Encoder</node><node key="overall.video.mode">3-Pass</node><node key="overall.video.bitrate">768</node><node key="overall.video.ar">Set DAR</node><node key="overall.video.arNum">16</node><node key="overall.video.arDen">9</node><node key="overall.video.autoSource">false</node><node key="overall.video.source">AviSynth</node><node key="overall.playback.render">false</node><node key="audioenc.nero.mode">Target Bitrate</node><node key="audioenc.nero.bitrate">96</node><node key="videofilter.scale.enabled">true</node><node key="videofilter.scale.width">512</node><node key="videofilter.scale.height">288</node><node key="videofilter.frame.enabled">true</node></MediaCoderPrefs>

If I use this same XML profile in earlier builds than 0.7.5.4700 I don't get any residual a/v files in the output folder, just the MP4 file I require.

Hope this helps :)

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:55 am

Maybe you can try replacing mp4box with the one in the former release and see if this does fix.
When things work together, things work.

encroder
Modest
Modest

Post by encroder » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:21 am

I tried without using mp4box with 2pass and it still happend.

Mode > Two Pass as Jankes said, seems to be the key, using other Mode 's this does not happen.

amoxitine
Amateur
Amateur

Post by amoxitine » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:09 pm

stanley wrote:Maybe you can try replacing mp4box with the one in the former release and see if this does fix.
Hi Stanley,

I did try the previous build of MP4 box but the problem is still there. I agree with Encroder & Jankes that the problem appears solely to be connected with 'Two Pass' or 'Three Pass' encoding options.

I observered the output folder and noticed that the extra files appear just before the start of the last pass each time, so they'll appear at the start of the 2nd pass for a Two Pass encode and appear at the start of the 3rd pass for a Three Pass encode.

As with other reports of this bug, if I select Average, Variable or Constant Bit Rate (which constitutes a single pass) then the files do not appear.