internal MPlayer crashes but XUL & VLC work ?

Bug report and feature request
DLIW
Beginner
Beginner

internal MPlayer crashes but XUL & VLC work ?

Post by DLIW » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:56 am

I am trying to figure out how I can fix the crashes I started getting on MediaCoder Mplayer after I press play button the audio comes out fine but the video crashes. This happened after I did a full version upgrade from 4536 to 4598 build . I then uninstalled the 4536 , deleted the temps, rebooted, reinstalled anew 4582 FULL SET UP , tried it it still crashes , the patched it to 4598 and no difference. Though XUL player and VLC player can play the same video just fine.

When MPLayer crahes , there appears a magenta box, and I get the following dialogs:

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 :flip_page

then

MPlayer carshed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
Recompile MPlayer with -enable-debug and make 'gdb' backtrace and disassembly. Details in COCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.

the problem is I can't find that folder the error talks about in the MC program files installation.

--
The video is in the REC format (from PVR). About 145 MB
I am running Win XP home on P4 2.6 (old one).

any one knows what could be the problem ? :?:

Ulf
Amateur
Amateur

Re: internal MPlayer crashes but XUL & VLC work ?

Post by Ulf » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:18 am

Hi, DLIW!

What you can try to do is playing around with the settings for the option "Video Output Device".

You reach this option by choosing File ---> Settings ---> Overall ---> Playback.

Chose an item from the drop-down-list and try to play your video file. If it crashes chose another item.

Ulf
PC: Pentium 4 - Intel Celeron - 2.6 GHz (Single Core) - 1 GB RAM
MC: 0.7.2 build 4598 (Full Version)