Mplayer & Bitstream Scanning (Not responding)

Bug report and feature request
estugarda
Amateur
Amateur

Mplayer & Bitstream Scanning (Not responding)

Post by estugarda » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:53 pm

Hello,

Since yesterday I have the same problems with multiple versions (0.7.2.4522 and onwards) of MC full edition. Both 32bit and x64 versions. My OS is Vista x64 Ultimate on a system where the only changes are Microsoft updates.

1. When I start the MC, I get the startup image, but nothing happens. In Task Manager mplayer.exe takes conctantly 25% CPU (Q6600). If I kill the mplayer.exe process the MC starts instantly, and everything seems to work fine.

2. When I encode a video in MC after I killed the mplayer.exe process, once the transcoding is done, MC goes into "Scanning Beatstream (Not responding)" mode and nothing happens for multiple hours. If I kill the mediacoder.exe process, the video that was actually completed, is not watchable. All players show only black screen, or can't run it at all.

Before yesterday, everything was working perfectly. Since I use this machine only for CPU power, I didn't install anything. only MS updates get installed. I tried reverting settings and installing multiple versions, with no luck.
Any clues?