mediacoder not putting codec information in encoded file

Bug report and feature request
DVLIAC
Beginner
Beginner

mediacoder not putting codec information in encoded file

Post by DVLIAC » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi, I just came across media coder a couple of weeks ago and have been using it alot since then since it seams to be a really good program but I keep comming across this weird problem. This seams to happen to most files I try to encode using mediacoder. The version of mediacoder I'm using is 0.7.2.4596.

I'm trying to encode a video as:
Format: xvid
Mode: 2-pass
Bitrate: 2000kb/s
source: MEncoder [auto selelcted]
Encoder:XviD [auto selected]
Profile Unrestricted

Audio:
Format: MP3
Encoder: Lame MP3 [auto selected]
Source: MPlayer [auto selected]

Container:AVI
Multiplexer: MEncoder

every once in a while i'll get lucky and the encoded file will work fine but most of the time encoding and everything will go fine with no errors, and everything seams fine about the outputted file, but whenI go to play it with vlc the audio plays but the video comes up with the error "VLC does not support the video format " "." and if I view the codec information of the file with "GSpot codec information Appliance" all it lists under video codec is "4CC:" and "name <unknown>". So it seams like mediacoder isn't putting the codec information in the final file, or at least not the correct codec information, so nothing knows how to read it. Is there some setting I'm forgetting to set to tell it to put in the codec information, or is there a way to manually put the codec information in an encoded file, or is there a problem with this combination of attributes, or is this some weird bug, or am I just not doing something right? Any help will be appreciated because mediacoder seams like the perfact transcoding program if it wasnt for this bug. (well theres a couple others too but this is the most annoying :P)

Edit: After a bit more testing, it seams when I use either of the one pass modes (Average Bitrate or Constant Bitrate) the file outputs fine and all the information needed to play the file is encoded in the file and it plays fine, it's just when I try 2-Pass mode I come across this problem.