Vorbis audio fails/auto multiplex probs (VC1 to h264)

Bug report and feature request
dumpy
Amateur
Amateur

Vorbis audio fails/auto multiplex probs (VC1 to h264)

Post by dumpy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:29 am

Hello,

Still having problems with auto multiplexer selection in build 4596: can't get vorbis audio to work with h264 video; I get a "this audio doesn't work with this multiplexer" kind of error message. Tried manually picking multiplexers, but none of them have been working.

I've been trying to get a wmv movie that is encoded with VC-1 and wma audio (6-channel) to convert to h264 video with vorbis stereo audio and it's not working. I have to use h264 video with mp3 stereo audio because the vorbis isn't working. I even tried converting just the audio track to stereo vorbis and not doing the video, so that I could multiplex them together myself with mkvtoolnix, but the vorbis came out as a 2 hour hiss. When I tried mp3 audio instead; I got an audio track with very loud background music and very quiet voices that sound like the actors are in another room. Can anyone clarify if this is some setting that I've messed up or is it just another problem with mediacoder? I've been using mediacoder for several years now and it seems like it's been very unstable in the last two months.

**Okay, I see that my original post was split. I get that each individual issue gets its own page. These are still two seperate issues. Auto multiplexer isn't working and vorbis isn't working. I can set things manually and they still fail. I want to stress that the problem is not just VC1 to H264. I could not get vorbis to work with several different video files; each with a different video codec.

**Edit: This is directly related to this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8392 **

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the 6-channel WMA audio came out so strange when converted to 2-channel MP3 audio? It sounded like the background music was several times louder than normal and the actors' voices were very quiet and they had a slight echo/distance to them. Did mediacoder convert the rear channel tracks to the stereo file?