Problems with x264 2Pass "Placebo" Preset ?

Bug report and feature request
Shark5060
Beginner
Beginner

Problems with x264 2Pass "Placebo" Preset ?

Post by Shark5060 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:54 am

Hi,

I tried to encode my Video with the x264 "Placebo" Profile (just to test how it would look and how long it would take) and experienced some problems.
First, I use the newest x64 Version of MediaCoder, already tried to reset everything and even reinstalled it.

The first pass always runs fine, but then it seems that MediaCoder tries to rename the log.temp file (or the codec itself ? dunno) and instead of renaming the file is deleted so that the 2nd pass is failing (since there is no stats file).

Dunno where to search for the problem since "Very Slow" Profile and all other are running perfectly only "Placebo" breaks the encoding process.

Maybe I'm just doing a simple mistake, but since all other running fine I doubt so.

parbruek
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Problems with x264 2Pass "Placebo" Preset ?

Post by parbruek » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:41 am

You aren't making a simple mistake. I had the same problem. I think what's happening is that Mediacoder automatically selected a profile and level for x264 which could not handle the number of macroblocks per frame. Try manually setting profile and level to HIGH and 4.1, or even HIGH10 and 5.1 if you have content larger than 1080p. To get an idea of the profile and level you might need see Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC#Levels