Unable to play mp4/h.264 video on BlackBerry Bold device

Bug report and feature request
rraffo
Beginner
Beginner

Unable to play mp4/h.264 video on BlackBerry Bold device

Post by rraffo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:52 am

Starting from the latest MediaCoder version (0.6.2.4275) I'm no longer able to play mp4 h.264 coded files with an AAC audio track.
The Blackberry Bold 9000 is playing correctly the audio but no video.

I'm used to use the same configuration from version to version.
audio: FAAC, average bitrate 80kb/s, MPEG version: MPEG4, Low Complexity, MP4 as container
Video: H.264, MP4, bitrate based: 320Kb/s, Profile: Baseline
I apply a manual resize to for my portable device (BlackBerry Bold 9000)

I have also tried to generate a video track only and in this case the BlackBerry say that it is a unknown format. :shock: :shock:

The above parameters were always working and has been confirmed by installing on another pc the latest version (with which I got the same problem) and reinstalling the 0.6.2.4260 version that has produced a working file for my portable.

I confirm that on all cases the mp4 file is playable with a standard PC.
What has been changed into the latest version that has caused this behavior?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Riccardo

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:01 pm

The x264 encoder has been updated and that might be the cause. You can try replacing x264.exe from the older version to the latest and see if it works.
When things work together, things work.

rraffo
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Unable to play mp4/h.264 video on BlackBerry Bold device

Post by rraffo » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Hi here I'm again... I was out of internet for a while.
This is to confirm you all that using the latest version (0.7.0.4370) the problem persist.

I have also tried an old version (0.6.2.4266) and everything works fine.

I'm using a BlackBerry Bold 9000 (firmware v.4.6.0.185).
I'm trying to convert an AVI/XVID/mp3 file into an MP4/x264/AAC(FAAC) file.
The result is that playing the video into the BlackBerry I get a blank screen and a noisy audio track and it works fine into the PC.. :(
I have tried several time to use another encodec audio CT AAC+ with no results.
In the past I have tried to copy an old x264.exe encoder into the Mediacoder folder without success.

thanks a lot for your support!

here it is the preset file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MediaCoderPrefs><node key="overall.ui.browserMode" value="App Mode"/><node key="overall.ui.console" value="true"/><node key="overall.ui.optionTab" value="12"/><node key="overall.ui.param" value="680,640,168,46"/><node key="overall.ui.noWelcome" value="4370"/><node key="overall.task.destdir" value="M:\BlackBerry\videos\"/><node key="overall.audio.encoder" value="FAAC"/><node key="overall.video.bitrate" value="320"/><node key="overall.preview.render" value="false"/><node key="audioenc.faac.mode" value="Bitrate"/><node key="audioenc.faac.bitrate" value="80"/><node key="audioenc.faac.container" value="MP4"/><node key="videoenc.x264.profile" value="Baseline"/><node key="muxer.mp4box.isma" value="true"/><node key="audiofilter.resample.samplerate" value="44100"/><node key="videofilter.scale.enabled" value="true"/><node key="videofilter.scale.width" value="480"/><node key="videofilter.scale.height" value="270"/></MediaCoderPrefs>

rraffo
Beginner
Beginner

Post by rraffo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:08 am

ok, this is the preset that works perfectly with the version 0.6.2.4266 only.
The same preset with newer versions doesn't work.
Are there some test you want me to check?
thanks
Riccardo

<MediaCoderPrefs><node key="overall.generic.priority" value="Lowest"/><node key="overall.ui.browserMode" value="App Mode"/><node key="overall.ui.optionTab" value="1"/><node key="overall.ui.param" value="680,640,317,44"/><node key="overall.ui.noWelcome" value="4266"/><node key="overall.task.destdir" value="c:\temp\"/><node key="overall.audio.encoder" value="CT AAC+"/><node key="overall.video.bitrate" value="320"/><node key="overall.video.quality" value="30"/><node key="overall.preview.render" value="false"/><node key="videoenc.x264.profile" value="Baseline"/><node key="audiofilter.resample.samplerate" value="44100"/><node key="videofilter.scale.enabled" value="true"/><node key="videofilter.scale.width" value="480"/><node key="videofilter.scale.height" value="320"/><node key="videofilter.scale.algorithm" value="Fast Bilinear"/></MediaCoderPrefs>

rraffo
Beginner
Beginner

Post by rraffo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:57 pm

Now something (but not all) is working.
The options I must change to obtain a final working copy on my BlackBerry Bold 9000 are:
- use FAAC as audio (I was using the CT AAC+ into the older mediacoder versions successfully)
- into the Container tab I must Disable multiplexer

Of course h264 codec must be correctly configured with a Baseline profile.

At the end I'm no longer able to use CT AAC+ audio Codec cause is generating an MP4 that play just audio on my BlackBerry. it was working good in the past versions.

This is the preset is working for me now:

<MediaCoderPrefs><node key="overall.ui.optionTab" value="5"/><node key="overall.ui.param" value="680,640,172,64"/><node key="overall.ui.noWelcome" value="4380"/><node key="overall.task.destdir" value="M:\BlackBerry\videos\"/><node key="overall.audio.encoder" value="FAAC"/><node key="overall.video.bitrate" value="320"/><node key="overall.container.external" value="Disabled"/><node key="overall.preview.render" value="false"/><node key="audioenc.faac.mode" value="Bitrate"/><node key="audioenc.faac.container" value="MP4"/><node key="audioenc.aacplus.bitrate" value="128"/><node key="audioenc.aacplus.mode" value="Stereo"/><node key="audioenc.aacplus.type" value="LC-AAC"/><node key="videoenc.x264.profile" value="Baseline"/><node key="audiofilter.resample.samplerate" value="44100"/><node key="videofilter.scale.enabled" value="true"/><node key="videofilter.scale.width" value="480"/><node key="videofilter.scale.height" value="258"/></MediaCoderPrefs>

thanks a lot for your prompt!
Riccardo

pandadude4
Beginner
Beginner

Post by pandadude4 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:22 pm

BlackBerry Passport is my next phone so tell me people should i buy it or not ???? :!: :!: