ogm / ogg to LAME Mp3 outputting none or cropping file.

Bug report and feature request
brother
Beginner
Beginner

ogm / ogg to LAME Mp3 outputting none or cropping file.

Post by brother » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:18 am

Hi!

Starting from an ogm video file with two ogg audio files, I want one of them to be demuxed and transconverted into LAME mp3 with custom settings.

I had this issue for the first time some versions ago. I read in some post that something was wrong with MEncoder and/or Mplayer (I cannot find that post today among nowadays tons of posts) so I replaced the new versions with the older ones and it worked out (MPlayer or Mencoder as source, I do not remember).

Some versions later the new Mencoder & Mplayer started to do the trick with source as FFmpeg. Version 4102 still does the trick.

Today, version 4195 crashes (outputs none) or ouputs a partial file (10 min out of 43). I've done a lot of combos even with the old MPlayer/MEncoder pair and still not working....

Edit: by the way, if I stick back to older versions, where ffmpeg sourcing does the job, the I get stucked with the Audio ID bug, and cannot work on nothing more than Audio 0; so everyway I cannot get the job done :(

Well, this business of figuring out how the next version will work is getting too time-consuming for me. Please take this a look a send me a clue folks!

Thank you.

©bROTHER

brother
Beginner
Beginner

Post by brother » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:48 am

So, no way to circunvent this?? :cry: :cry:

Should I get back to the bunch of apps I used to play with before mediaCoder appeared?? :cry: