Error reporting modul

Bug report and feature request
istvan01
Modest
Modest

Error reporting modul

Post by istvan01 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi,

in the software company I work for, we use also an error reporting modul for the development. If the system crashes each user has the opportunity to describe the problem and send it. These e-mails are collected in a projekt management system, where the developers take care of them.

I think It would be very usefull also at the development of MC. These audio and video topics are pretty complex. It would be very usefull, if the user could send a mail immediately after the crash, of course automatically with the consol info and error codes of MC.

All these messages (in our company E-Mails) could be collected as cases on the forum and everybody could comment them.

I think it would be a very efficient way to help the development of MC.
Of course it is also possible to make screenshots and upload them. You forget anyway the details and the important circmstances and parameters ...

Regards,

Istvan

SirAuron
Expert
Expert

Post by SirAuron » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:14 am

I think that is a great idea. But might be hard to find an open source and free software for that and integrate it into MediaCoder. Could make things a lot more easy though!
MediaCoder settings:

x264 (backend/source: mencoder, fps: 23,976, Fabio Sonatti's settings) + nero aac 64 in matroska