Language selection...

Bug report and feature request
Catapusi
Beginner
Beginner

Language selection...

Post by Catapusi » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:19 pm

First of all when I've installed MediaCoder 0.6.1.4045 I've chosen English language from the only choice, but when it launched it was soma strange Slavic language (Belorussian or Ukrainian or other) and I didn't know how to change it. (expected behavior: it should be the language I've selected during install process, not some random language)

Then I've removed from the lang folder all the other xmls but english.xml and when I've launched it - it crashed. Expected behavior: if you can't load some lang file, load first available lang file, I've left there english.xml so it should have worked.

I've been able to solve my problem only by coping english.xml to all slavic xml so only this way I was able to use mediacoder.

B!ink
Expert
Expert

Post by B!ink » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:11 am

Selecting a language during installation, will only change the installers language UI, not MediaCoders.

When you run MediaCoder for the first time, MediaCoder detects what local language is being used on the computer. If your computers local language is set to a different language other then English, MediaCoder will automatically select the proper language.

If you want to change the language UI in MediaCoder, select the 3rd last menu at the top, then open the first sub-menu. Select the language you want to use. Restart MediaCoder when you're done.