Compile Mplayer and Mecoder with subcc support.

Bug report and feature request
TechBill
Beginner
Beginner

Compile Mplayer and Mecoder with subcc support.

Post by TechBill » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:13 pm

Mplayer and Meconder both offer subcc which is Closed Caption that are found on USA DVD movies or recorded shows from certain tuners saved to mpeg file.

To use it you would add this to command line either on mplayer or mencoder -subcc -subfont-text-scale 2.3

or it can be add in config file subcc=yes and subfont-text-scale=2.3

I did try putting in the -subcc -subfont-text-scale 2.3 "Extra Options" in the Mencoder menu box on the Mediacoder but it didn't work so I can only assume that mplayer and mencoder in the Mediacoder package was compiled without subcc support.

It will be so great if both are compile your next release with the subcc support so I can trancode videos with closed caption support and it will mean alot to me and everyone who are deaf and hearing impaired.

Thank you
Bill

TechBill
Beginner
Beginner

Post by TechBill » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:20 pm

Also it will be awesome if a toggle for mencoder to enable or disable -subcc in the next version too and make sure the subtitle "-sub" is disabled when -subcc is enable because I don't think both can be used at the same time and even better if you include the option to change font size by -subfont-text-scale x.x and x.x we can enter any number like 1.0 or 1.5 etc up to 10.0

Thanks
Bill