MediaCoder will not work for me

Bug report and feature request
genxoh
Beginner
Beginner

MediaCoder will not work for me

Post by genxoh » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi, I've been trying to use this software for a while now.

I first tried a few months ago when I had a batch of FLV files from youtube that I wanted to convert. Some of them worked but most just hung on 0%. I gave up in the end because I just figured it was some kind of error in FLV decoding.

Anyway, a few months later after a fresh install of Windows XP (with all updates) I reinstalled MediaCoder to re-encode some things I've captured from old VHS tapes. It's all DVD standard MPEG2 (off a DVD recorder). One file encoded fine but I overlooked some of the settings when starting the encode so I went back to re-do it this morning and it does the exact same thing as it did with the FLV files.

I click start and nothing happens. 30 seconds later a window pops up to say that the decoding thread is blocked. When I click yes to stop it, nothing happens. Is there any fix for this at all? Here are my system specs;

Pentium 4 2.4ghz (with Hyperthreading)
1gb RAM
Windows XP SP2 with all of the latest updates
More than enough HDD space

Now that I think of it, it may be hyperthreading. Has anyone else tested MediaCoder with HT enabled? If it turns out to be that I'll edit this post. I really hope I can get this program working as it looks great. :)

edit: I disabled Hyperthreading and nothing changed.

genxoh
Beginner
Beginner

Post by genxoh » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:53 pm

I should have specified that I'm not doing anything involving FLVs at the moment. I'm just trying to convert from mpeg2 to mp4s and xvid files.

It's encoding at the moment. I kept restarting MediaCover (not touching any settings) and it eventually decided to encode.