MediaCoder disconnect my orginal firefox

Bug report and feature request
Robot
Amateur
Amateur

MediaCoder disconnect my orginal firefox

Post by Robot » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:49 pm

I just tried MediaCoder, it is great, so fast for my Xvid+mp3 .avi convertion! Even the output quality rocks :D

But the setting panel which is using Firefox seem to conflict with my original installed Firefox 1.5.0.4. After I open the MediaCoder setting panel, my orginal Firefox just lost its internet connection, returning DNS error.

Guess MediaCoder internal http server(80xx) corrupt the port using by Firefox....

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:47 pm

The default port is 8019, which does not have anything to do with web browser. What's more, the included Firefox doesn't affect your current Firefox installation and profile (all profile files are created in MediaCoder's folder). I wonder how this could happen, as I'm using Firefox to surf the net too but there is no conflict at all.

Robot
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Robot » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:13 am

Forget to mention that I am using a router. Don't know if it mess things with the firefox of MediaCoder. I can see another active copy of firefox.exe through the Windows "Task Manager", this is very uncomfortable to see 2 firefox.exe co-exist....

Robot
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Robot » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:02 pm

Hey stanley, just read a thread about nearly the same kind of problem, reporting by another user:

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/forum ... .php?t=302

I think the MediaCoder setting panel is causing problem with installed Firefox....

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:02 pm

MediaCoder will integrate XULRunner instead of Firefox in next release.