Unable to use Settings with 0.5.0

Bug report and feature request
bxf
Amateur
Amateur

Unable to use Settings with 0.5.0

Post by bxf » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:34 am

I had no problems getting to SETTINGS earier today, when I wasn't connected to the Internet. Now that I am (assuming this makes a difference), SETTINGS tries to connect to http://127.0.0.1:8109/pref/?, and fails. Am I missing something?

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:01 pm

You don't need to connect to interent to use it.
When Windows firewall prompt you to block or unblock the program, if you choose block, then you won't be able to see the screen.

bxf
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bxf » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:25 pm

stanley wrote:You don't need to connect to interent to use it.
When Windows firewall prompt you to block or unblock the program, if you choose block, then you won't be able to see the screen.
I realize I don't need to connect to use MC. I just HAPPEN to be connected while trying to use it, and it tries to go to the above URL when I click SETTINGS (and OPTION under CONTAINER tab).

I'm using Firefox as my browser; I don't get any message from Windows Firewall. I just get "Error - The requested URL could not be retrieved...".

I'll have to try tomorrow and see if it still happens when I have no Firefox windows open.

bxf
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bxf » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:57 pm

Yup. If I don't have a Firefox window open, SETTINGS works OK. But if I do, then the problem I describe above occurs. So one must not use MC while on the internet if one uses Firefox as the browser. Hmmm....