Laptop sleeping during final stage of transcoding

Bug report and feature request
Neril22
Beginner
Beginner

Laptop sleeping during final stage of transcoding

Post by Neril22 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:58 pm

0.8.41 build 5816 x86

I probably need to tweak my power management settings but figured I would report this anyway. My laptop went into suspend during the final step of a long transcode. My idle timeout is about 10 minutes (I think) but MediaCoder had been good at keeping the host awake until the final step so I wonder if there's just a missing API call to Windows to let it know that the host is not idle.

Thankfully it was the final step and I was able to read the command out of the F6 log and generate the final file and clean up the temp files myself.

This is the final step it was on (multiplexing after an Intel hardware video / nero aac audio transcode):

C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaCoder\tools>MP4Box.exe -tmp e:\temp -ipod -inter 500
-keep-all -add "e:\temp\mctemp3e2caec84c32c283.264"#video:fps=25:par=175:174 -a
dd "e:\temp\mctemp3e2caec84c32c283_0.m4a"#audio "e:\encoded\deinterlace\Mario Pa
v Wed.mp4"

I can provide more settings information if that would be useful.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Laptop sleeping during final stage of transcoding

Post by stanley » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Normally the muxing stage should not take so long time that your computer goes to sleep.
When things work together, things work.

flagpole
Modest
Modest

Re: Laptop sleeping during final stage of transcoding

Post by flagpole » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:36 am

You can set MC to keep the host awake? how do you do this?

With regard to the above... If sleep has been suspended by an app and then becomes unsuspended, doesn't it immediately go to sleep if there has been no activity for the appropriate period? i know my downloadmanager works like that.
my quant puzzles http://puzzles.nigelcoldwell.co.uk go look :)