[Solved] build 5685: avisynth script + ac3 audio error 15

Bug report and feature request
johnny808
Amateur
Amateur

[Solved] build 5685: avisynth script + ac3 audio error 15

Post by johnny808 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:44 am

I'm using the 64-bit version on Windows 8.1 64-bit.

transcoding a TS mpeg2 ac3 audio to MKV h.264 ac3 audio with the x264 encoder. I used DGIndexNV to create the index file.

Here is my avisynth script:

Code: Select all

LoadPlugin("DGDecodeNV.dll")
DGSource("videofile.dgi",fieldop=0)
LoadPlugin("TIVTC.dll")
TDecimate(cycleR=3)
#crop
#resize
#denoise
Using avisynth with video only works fine. But, adding the audio as an external file will fail with error 15 at the muxing stage every time. I can't tell if it's ffmpeg, mkvmerge, or something wrong in Mediacoder regarding avisynth + audio.
Last edited by johnny808 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

johnny808
Amateur
Amateur

[Solved] Re: build 5685: avisynth script + ac3 audio error 1

Post by johnny808 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:21 pm

Solving my own issue. I found a way to add ac3 audio to the avisynth script without getting error 15.

The fix is to add audio directly to the avisynth script instead of through an external file in the audio tab.

My new avisynth with the audio:

Code: Select all

LoadPlugin("DGDecodeNV.dll")
LoadPlugin("NicAudio.dll")
DGSource("Resurrection.dgi",fieldop=0)
AudioDub (Last,NicAC3Source("Resurrection PID 034 3_2ch 48KHz 384Kbps DELAY 31ms.ac3"))
LoadPlugin("TIVTC.dll")
TDecimate(cycleR=3)
#crop
#resize
#denoise
With this avisynth script, the audio and video will both show in the properties window. Many properties in that window will be inaccurate, but what matters is that both audio and video show in the properties window.

In addition, in the Video tab, the source filter has to be set to AviSynth. That will automatically be correctly selected. In the Audio tab, leaving the source filter on Auto Select will not select AviSynth and create static in the audio as a result. The audio source filter has to be manually selected to AviSynth.

The name of the audio file created by DGIndexNV already has the audio delay that needs to be keyed into the Audio Delay in the Sound tab. Copy Audio in the Audio tab has to be unchecked, otherwise will give error 15.