transcoding queue while unattended bugged badly in latest ve

Bug report and feature request
jsmcvoy
Beginner
Beginner

transcoding queue while unattended bugged badly in latest ve

Post by jsmcvoy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:31 am

When I set a queue to be transcoded and leave my computer unattended (eg; to sleep, etc) the speed drops to ~0.3 (x265) - ~0.7 (x264). This is a new bug that I've been experiencing since downloading latest version (0.8.33.5680). When I'm actively working on my computer - or even doing something like watching a video/movie - the transcoding speed is fine, but after I leave the computer for ~12-15 minutes, the speed drops as I said. I'm going tpo try installing an earlier version - and hope I can still transcode in x265 well enough - but it would be great if you could fix this in your next release. Please let me know that you've seen this and when you've had a chance to fix it so I'll know that I can go back to using the latest version of the program (I LOVE the software, btw, and am bgrateful to have it). ~Thanks

fredbe9300
Amateur
Amateur

Re: transcoding queue while unattended bugged badly in lates

Post by fredbe9300 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:17 pm

> I'm going tpo try installing an earlier version

Did that work? The developer would probably love to have all possible feedback.
Also, a newer version was released few days ago. It contains only few changes, but essentially a newer version of x265.

Given that Stanley (the dev) doesn't develop x265 itself, but rather the orchestration software that brings it all together [mediacoder], he might not be able comment on bugs in x265.

I'm not in contact with Stanley, so do understand this is just guess work (I have done a bit of development myself, years ago). I'm sick and stuck at home, hence my burst of activity on the forum ;)

regards,
Fred

fredbe9300
Amateur
Amateur

Re: transcoding queue while unattended bugged badly in lates

Post by fredbe9300 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:22 pm

You sure you have this with x265 AND x264 ?

I've transcoded a bunch of files (source & target) x264 to lower CRF lately on the build 0.8.33.5680 and have not noticed a diff between interactive use or unattended use.