MediaCoder 0.6.0 development snapshot

Bug report and feature request
stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:56 pm

The latest build 3225 has fixed these bugs.
When things work together, things work.

Post by guest » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:41 am

i cant download the newest build from sourceforge. it seems its on none of the server.

i am really loking forwad to this build, once mkv and mp4 works with h264 and neroaac i will be able to profit from the great speed encancement i have noticed.

edit: downloaded it from the chinese mirror instead.

h264, neroaac and mkv, matroska didn't work for me.
if i transcode bit-rate based after the transcoding process is done the "Multiplexer failed to work." (when using mp4 and mp4box everything is fine)
if i choose two pass i get an error at 99% and mediacoder freezes, so that vista tells me to close it. (when using mp4 and mp4box there are two videostreams in the resulting mp4)

everything was tested with build 3225, the new build is downloadable through sourceforge:)

my results with 3230 where:

same settings as above, bitrate mode, mkv: multiplexer failed to work
same settings as above, two pass, mp4: same problem as above

but dont take it too hard. i really like your software and appreciate it being free:)

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:14 pm

Oh I see it's Matroska. I will check it.
So you are using Windows Vista?

Post by guest » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:35 am

yes, ultimate. i will soon register cause i am beginning to post quite often.
regarding the 2 pass bug with mp4, is it a bug that the two videostreams appear or is it just a misconfiguration on my end?

SirAuron
Expert
Expert

Post by SirAuron » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:41 am

guest wrote:yes, ultimate. i will soon register cause i am beginning to post quite often.
regarding the 2 pass bug with mp4, is it a bug that the two videostreams appear or is it just a misconfiguration on my end?
that and most other guest posts in this thread are mine:)

Thanks for your great work so far!

zworqy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by zworqy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:50 am

I can't get the Settings window to open in the most recent builds. (I think the problem started around build 3200 )

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:38 am

Build 3238 fixed the Matroska bug. In this build, a new "Audio Ripper/Encoder" extension is added, along with the previously added "Flash Video Maker" extension. The new extensions are XSLT-based. The source code are in htdocs/extensions. I will publish new extension development document later. Here are the screenshots of the two extensions (not very good looking but handy to use, any one knows web designing can improve their look).

SirAuron
Expert
Expert

Post by SirAuron » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:48 am

when i try to encode into mkv (build 3238 i get this error: mkvmerge has stoped working and these error codes:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: mkvmerge.exe
Anwendungsversion: 0.0.0.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 45685f09
Fehlermodulname: ntdll.dll
Fehlermodulversion: 6.0.6000.16386
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4549bdc9
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 00061a56
Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: fed8
Zusatzinformation 2: 87d76f2ed4c47f61ff02f68c26fb92f1
Zusatzinformation 3: c788
Zusatzinformation 4: 494638a8549897ee0c66501f177a3e13

I hope you can use these information. btw. i used the same settings as alwasýs (2 pass etc).

then the obligatory muxer failed to work message and a unplayable file.
however, it is the first time, that a file is built at all with mkv

when using default as container and mkvmerge as muxer there is the above error, but without mkvmerge stopping to work.

i have to retest everything because when i looked at my hdd there was a working mkv file of my vid. however there where two videostreams in it.
maybe its because of the two pass setting. and it doesn't seem to be a problem with the muxer but maybe with mencoder? cause mp4 always gives out two videostreams, too, when i use two pass.

- single pass mkv didnt work, the above errors.
- two pass using both mkv and mkvmerge results in the above errors. (the one with an mkv file being produced but too small and only playable with vlc player, no video but sound), however the file size varies (from about 100kb to 15,5 mb, the last one was playable with video and audio in zoomplayer and other directshow players, however it had two videostreams). It seems that an unplayable file is more often produced than a playable one.

-i have tried to encode without a container or a muxer, result: no file is outputtet after the transcoding process.maybe the problem is not only the merger?

-when encoding two pass to mp4 mediacoder stops at 99,7%, it does not freeze completely, but the process cant be stopped with the stop or skip buttons. however other buttons like add file still work.
-when encoding bit rate based to mp4 it stops right after pressing start.
no error, just the message that the file is not output

- i dont get the flash producer to produce working flash, single pass: no file is output (without any transcoding), two pass: some transcoding, but the same error afterwards.

now some good news:

-your audio ripper extension seems to work fine, i only tried to rip audio from an quicktime videofile into he-aacv2 though.

edit: for all my tests with the 0.6 alpha i have used the auto select settings, tomorrow i will try manually configuring the settings

woops sry, it was a quitcktime mov, an hdtrailer for "300" with aac audio.
Last edited by SirAuron on Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:22 pm

Please tell me the format of your source video file when encountering problems.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:34 pm

Build 3243 fixed the video tint issue (happens when video source is mplayer/mencoder). This build also includes another attempt to fix Matroska muxing crashing bug (mkvmerge is upgraded to 2.0). MPlayer and MEncoder are updated to latest SVN trunk.