when resolution and aspect ratio is same

Bug report and feature request
berni73
Beginner
Beginner

when resolution and aspect ratio is same

Post by berni73 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi,
I noticed, that mediacoder crashed every time when resolution and aspect ratio is same with image decoder, or no result with ffmpeg. For example resolutio 1045:1260 and aspect ratio 1045:1260. I made up this example. But I think it has something to do with crash mediacoder. Because I tested it several times and with several images.
Thank you!
Berni73

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Re: when resolution and aspect ratio is same

Post by meRobs » Fri May 15, 2015 10:21 pm

I have never used Image Decoder as the video 'Source', so I shall comment only on your mention of Resolution and Aspect Ratio.
The fact that you are trying to set them equal implies you have a different understanding of the terms than me.

Resolution, as set by "Resize" on the Picture tab, refers to the number of pixels in the output file and is expressed with a "x" symbol, such as 720x576 for standard TV, with 720 being the number of pixels in the X direction (width) and 576,that for Y (height). Nearly always, the X-dimension is greater than the Y, unlike your example.

The Aspect Ratio refers to the ratio of the width to the height of either the displayed video (DAR) or each pixel (PAR) and is expressed as a ratio, ie with ":" between the dimensions, such as 16:9.

These two terms refer to different things and are espressable differently. Hence, they should not be the same.

If you do in fact have a problem with this subject, I suggest to try: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Just a thought.
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download