cuda encoder expired - error 14 (all here)

Discussing about advanced video encoding techniques including GPU encoding, distributive encoding and segmental encoding. Topics are not limited to MediaCoder.
lau0001
Beginner
Beginner

Re: cuda encoder expired - error 14 (all here)

Post by lau0001 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:07 am

the latest build 45 also has problem...

Attraktor
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Attraktor » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:53 am

I was just wondering about the future of MediaCoder's GPU-Based encoding after reading this:

Microsoft Patents GPU-Accelerated Video Encoding

Code: Select all

http://www.conceivablytech.com/3421/business/microsoft-patents-gpu-accelerated-video-encoding/
It would seem that Microsoft is going to dictate the future of GPU-Based encoding as we know it today...

DJ_MPEG2000
Amateur
Amateur

Expired / Cuda doesn't use GPU

Post by DJ_MPEG2000 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:46 am

Hi!
I've downloaded the new iPod Version of Mediacoder. I wan't to encode an mkv file with CUDA. The first Message I get ist "Expireeeeeeedddddddd". OK. I use the set-date-back-trick. Then I use MSI Afterburner to see the GPU utilisation. 0%. So what's up with Cuda Stanley? Is this a repression by nVidia? Or by you? Would you please give us an explanation for the problem that isn't solved since months?

kec789
Amateur
Amateur

Post by kec789 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:47 am

(Edited by Admin)

I personally have given up on this program. Every time an update comes out and I try and download the 64 bit version I get a message saying the file isn't available on the server. Why put up a link to the newly updated version without providing the actual file?

The last 2 versions after rigging this and that to even get the thing working produce out of sync encodes.

I also keep getting the CUDA ENCODER EXPIRED error message and have had this problem since June or July. They all say it's being fixed when it's obvious they aren't.

So, I'm done even trying. This used to be an amazing piece of work and I have turned numerous customers of mine to this program. The only one I can even get to work somewhat is the Nvidia version which is cumbersome, hard to navigate, and not nearly as fast as this one USED to be. I now use (another program) on my Iphone and PC to just bypass the whole need to encode anything to watch on my Ipod's and Iphone. (There are other programs that utilize) CUDA and (do) a nice job encoding quickly when I need something done for on the go watching.

It was fun while it worked and I may check back in another 6 months in hopes that they get all these things fixed. For now I just don't have the time or patience to keep trying to get this to work properly.

jusama14
Beginner
Beginner

Post by jusama14 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:12 am

As of yesterday I'm getting the expiration notices again. Please fix

lega4
Amateur
Amateur

Post by lega4 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:12 am

When i try convert video with CUDA Encoder, i getting error 14: "CUDA H.264 encoder is not included in this distribution". I use MediaCoder x64, 0.7.5.4797, Full Edition. How it can be fixed?
Sorry for my English...

TCman888
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TCman888 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:24 am

lega4 wrote:When i try convert video with CUDA Encoder, i getting error 14: "CUDA H.264 encoder is not included in this distribution". I use MediaCoder x64, 0.7.5.4797, Full Edition. How it can be fixed?
Hi,

You can try to update the Forceware driver to version 260.99 WQHL (in other post you said you use driver version 260.89).

Or try out the 32bit version of Mediacoder; most of the time the 32bit version works better and is more stable than the x64 version of Mediacoder.

Enterprise
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Enterprise » Fri May 20, 2011 6:07 pm

I am using build 5152, I got this error but it doesn't have feather message
both x64 and x32 have same problem
I am using windows 7, nvidia driver 270.61

OmniShadow
Beginner
Beginner

Post by OmniShadow » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Ok, Not sure if this has be completely fixed, but to sum up I ran into this problem. my solution, no I didn't have to replace any files. just one *1* simple little setting. in the Cuda encode setting box, you MUST have the level set to "Auto" all the other options can be changed. and you must also have it save as .MP4 as when I first started using it, I was accidently saving as .AVI. but so long as I dont change the level it works fine, but if I put it on say 3.0 it gives error 14.

only reason I really want to use cuda is because of the deinterlace it has. works better than anything else I have seen, picture has no blending ghost images, or color bleeds from dropped fields. and quality is perfect for Youtube videos. so to recap

in Cuda setting under the video tab, do NOT change the level. leave it at "Auto". and everything should work fine.

OmniShadow
Beginner
Beginner

Post by OmniShadow » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:47 am

A fix for this is to not change the Cuda encoder level. I was trying to set it to 3.0 and it would give error 14. so I reverted all settings, and changed them all back one by one. and eventually found that if left on Auto, it would work completely fine.