CUDA for anime recoding

Discussing about advanced video encoding techniques including GPU encoding, distributive encoding and segmental encoding. Topics are not limited to MediaCoder.
admirdante
Beginner
Beginner

CUDA for anime recoding

Post by admirdante » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:30 am

Ok guys I know I just registered here but I got some questions. So I have a GTX 260 and I've tried out the integration of CUDA and it works perfectly. So I mainly recode animes since I want to save some space. By now I used TeaVea Media Recode which gives me an about 80-90 megs bit .rmvb file and the quality of the sound and image is great, but the encoding speed is horrible. It takes about 40 minutes to recode 1 anime episode of 24 min, aand on CUDA it is only 4-7 minutes. So my main question is:

What options should I use to get a nice image quality and that I can use CUDA?

TeaVea used a bitrate of 450 fro the video. When I put 450 here and use H264 I get artifacts when the image is moving heavily. I tried the quality based option but that gives me a 135 MB file which isn't bad but the original file was 175 MB so I'm not saving much space. Can someone help me?

admirdante
Beginner
Beginner

Re: CUDA for anime recoding

Post by admirdante » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:13 am

ok I have found a sollution for my problem... the program I have been using uses Realvideo 10... but I have found Dicsoft Video Converter Platinum that can use Realvideo 9 that converts way faster...

moruk
Amateur
Amateur

Re: CUDA for anime recoding

Post by moruk » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:24 am

For anime/comic video files you should use a good denoise-filter like "High Quality 3D" under "Picture" -> "Effects" (click on it) -> "Denoiser" = "High Quality 3D".
Then you should use 2-pass encoding for low bitrate.