CUDA & Audio out of sync

Discussing about advanced video encoding techniques including GPU encoding, distributive encoding and segmental encoding. Topics are not limited to MediaCoder.
Pequi
Beginner
Beginner

CUDA & Audio out of sync

Post by Pequi » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:24 am

Hi all,

I would like to ask, after several years of using mediacoder and searching the I-Net extensively, but didn't find any solution:

I like to convert m2ts hd-movies out of my sat-receiver to h264 and aac into mp4-container. I got every time asynchronous videos out of it. Mostly I helped me with watching them with a player, which is capable of shifting the audio forth or back, but now I want to get it synchrone.

I dunno, what I have to do. Whilst I used ProjectX for my sd-movies years ago, to make them synchrone, I think this way is not practicle anymore. Can anyone tell me, what options I should choose? Eventually other programs too? I fiddled around a bit with demuxing and remuxing the streams, but didn't come to a solution...
BTW, the delay times of the audio streams are all shown in the infobox at the right side. So I am wondering, why mediacoder doesn't use this info to make the streams synchronous?

Tnx in advance,
Pequi

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CUDA & Audio out of sync

Post by stanley » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:45 pm

This might not have anything to do with Cuda. I suggest changing video source(decoder) option.
When things work together, things work.

Pequi
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Pequi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:19 pm

Tnx for your kind reply!
Before you answered I tried out using non-cuda x264 and got the same issues with asynchronous audio. So, not caused from cuda, as you said.
Can you maybe tell me, how to change the video source (decoder) option?

Pequi
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Pequi » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:44 am

Hallo Stanley,

I tried to use your advice and changed several sources of video and after this doesn't function, audio sources too. I changed the container format from mp4 to mkv, but didn't function either.

-> I'm totally lost, don't know, how to resolve this issue. Rebootet the comp after changed the sources in regard to delete all used-unused processes/tasks, that may ghosting in the system and preventig it from doing right.

Please tell, how to fix this!

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:50 am

nVidia has already deprecated CUDA video encoder. Move up to NVENC.
When things work together, things work.

mole007
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mole007 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:14 am

Hello, can tell more about your asinchronous problem???
can obtain info. about your original file with media info, to verify if the imput prolile is de problem.
i have sinchronisation problems when te imput file have a audio delay.
Lenovo y50-70 i7 4710hq + gtx 860m 4GB GDDR5 + 16GB DDR3l 1600