Mobile Streaming settings (iPhone, Android etc)

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

gateway
Beginner
Beginner

Mobile Streaming settings (iPhone, Android etc)

Post by gateway » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:31 am

Sorry noob to the form and read though most of the posts, it seems that most people are concentrated on high quality non streaming for mobile devices, I would like to open up the subject and see what settings people are using to convert videos for mobile devices that can stream via 3g or wifi..

Im mainly concerned about the following:
  • iPhone/Touch
    Black Berry
    Android G1 and newer
    Palm Pre and newer
used ffmpeg in the past on my servers I did find some settings but wondering if anyone else has had luck squeezing the best quality/bitrate/audio for streaming of these devices..

I know for instance that Android requires mp4box to hint the file, also in the newer iPhone 3.0 OS you can segmet the video into 3 or more bit rates and spit out a text file that then the system reads and based upon the data rate your getting switches in real time to the various bit rates.

If this has been discussed sorry I just wanted to see if people would be willing to share and experiment , I don't have all the various mobile devices but im willing to set up a test server on the net where we could upload tests , settings etc..

thoughts?