Where is the join Mode?

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

vander
Amateur
Amateur

Where is the join Mode?

Post by vander » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:01 pm

MC subversion 4486
Input from digicam: MJPEG 640x480; PCM; Container AVI
Output: H.264(CUDA)Quality; FAAC Quality; Container MP4

First I tried the normal mode, it encodes each single file very well.
When I group the files, it encodes the first file well and I can hear the sound from the second input file on the end of the encoded file. So the second file is not properly joined. Using a fixed bitrate while encoding doesnt help, using avi or mkv container has same result. After encoding it shows 1file/xxxMB encoded. The xxxMB are exactly the summary of all the grouped files, it seems to me the mediacoder try to join but it doesnt work somehow.
I read something about an so called join mode, but I was unable to find these setting. Instead I found Normal, Benchmark, Demux, Split and Move mode. Maybe the join mode is already obsolete, maybe it only appears under special circumstances, I dunno.
Can anybody here give an advice how to join files with mediacoder and my settings or is it impossible? An external software to join the transcoded files

emyol
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Where is the join Mode?

Post by emyol » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:23 am

vander
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Where is the join Mode?

Post by vander » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:43 am

Ahh, thanks for the link, that explains a lot. Unfortunately this means something goes wrong after encoding the first file. I have to do more tests to figure out more details for an helpful bug report :roll: