Batch transcoding with different output settings for each fi

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

YersiniaPestis
Beginner
Beginner

Batch transcoding with different output settings for each fi

Post by YersiniaPestis » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:17 pm

I need to transcode a batch of files each with a bit different output settings, bitrates, resizes etc. (How) is this possible with MediaCoder?

There seems to be something called private settings, which I gather is just the thing, a private setting for that one file in the batch. But how does it work? If I select a file and change settings, it will change the global settings. In Item-menu there are some options to toggle the global/private settings for a file, but I could spend a merry afternoon pushing at the toggle target format key without any effect whatsoever.

I also tried to comb the menus and setting tabs to see if there is an option like "Use global settings for this file" or similar. Instead I found some checkboxes in the tabs labeled "Global" which didn't do much either.

So, is there an option to use different settings for different files? And what is the exact function of the private/global settings toggle if it doesn't actually toggle anything?

I'm confused.

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:43 pm

Currently it is not possible to transcode a file with multiple target settings.

If you have set your format settings, and change a file's format setting to private mode, then you change your format settings again, it won't affact that file (format settings for that file will retain, but this only includes format, not encoder parameters, the latter is still global).
When things work together, things work.

shizzlenizzle
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Batch transcoding with different output settings for eac

Post by shizzlenizzle » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:13 pm

It's been quite a while but the mediacoder does not support different output settings for each file, right?
The settings are still global, right?

That's kinda disappointing because I mostly render files over night.
Will there ever be such a batch transcoding with different target settings?

It's been 8 years...so I think you guys should plan on doing so, if not already happened. :wink: