MKV to MPG2 NTSC DVD Compliant files - How?

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

buxy95
Amateur
Amateur

Post by buxy95 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:51 am

pparker wrote:MediaCoder does it all one-step MKV+subs to MPG, except for that one little last problem of not producing MPG files that I can use in DVDA. I even get DVD compliant audio with MediaCoder. It's just the video that isn't compliant.
sounds quite simple. :)

but you say that the final media is DVD-Video right? why don't you just make some soft DVD-subtitles in DVDA? i haven't tried that feature yet, but it seems quite simple, if you can convert the subs to the right format.

dunno if AviSynth can read MKV, and DVDF can read AVS. that could be another solution for your problem.

in my case, i just wanted to convert dozens of DV video files to MPEG2 for archiving, and make them compliant for a possible later reuse in a DVD-Video. my main problem is the quality of the resulting video.

pparker
Beginner
Beginner

Post by pparker » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:17 am

buxy95 wrote:
pparker wrote:MediaCoder does it all one-step MKV+subs to MPG, except for that one little last problem of not producing MPG files that I can use in DVDA. I even get DVD compliant audio with MediaCoder. It's just the video that isn't compliant.
sounds quite simple. :)
I could punch you for that one :wink: Simple it has NOT been! I appreciate your suggestions though. I may not have tried every possible app and combination of parameters, but I do have about 50 related free and commercial apps on my harddrive to prove I put the effort into it. About two months of my life as well. In the end, I was just spending more time trying to save time than it was worth.

The next stage would be to become an amateur A/V engineer, I suppose, and get down to the code level, or at least to bypass all the front-end apps and do manually what they are already automating--that is, re-do the work they've already done. But I just want to watch anime!