I have tried to find some solution to my problem in the forum but I cannot find the right answer.
I am converting VOB's to MPG, basically DVD's to something I can view with iPad, Chromecast, etc.
I also want to split the VOB's into chapters by manually selecting the time.
First, I have figured it out that I should use interlacing as YAD2 for best results.
Then I need to choose the right resolution and bitrate, I find the iPad 1024x768 4Mbps the best setting.
I have two issues though:
- when I try and select "time" into the VOB, it shows only the first 13s or so in MediaCoder 5830 and so I cannot split where I want
- I have worked around this by converting into MP4 the whole VOB. As I may need to join two VOB's, I have tried grouping two VOB's into one but it fails, it converts the first 13s or so, same problem as looking into time
- I need to convert each VOB into MP4 individually
- then I can correctly select split as needed - but I cannot use VIDEO COPY and AUDIO COPY, as it does not select the GOP's aligned as close as possible to the timing I have choosen. I have to RE-ENCODE...
- once I have the sub MP4's I need, there are few cases where I need to join the end of a VOB with the start of the next VOB, hence I need to get the MP4 that comes from the conversion of VOB into MP4 then from the whole MP4 into the split. So it is a triple MP4 conversion process
This sounds all overly complex and deteriorating quality.
How can I select time into individual VOB's and group their selected times into one single MP4?
Or how can I select time and use VIDEO/AUDIO coding?
How can I group multiple converted MP4 with VIDEO/AUDIO coding?
Overall, as crazy as it may sound, I find that MediaCoder iPhone build 5360 works better in managing VOB's than the full MediaCoder build 5830, both x64.
This area is for more experienced users, discussing about more complicated issues.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests