New kind of Copy-Protection?

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

UncleTeo
Beginner
Beginner

New kind of Copy-Protection?

Post by UncleTeo » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:57 am

Hi, i have strange issues with some ts-Recordings from my Linux Receiver. For about a month there was a massive asynchronous between audio an video, when i convert ts to mp4. Video was played in slow Motion, Audio with normal speed and massive dropouts. Last week i found the main cause, it was the Setting "Source" with MEncoder. I change "Source" to ffmpeg, an now it seems to work fine again. Is this a new kind of Copy-Protection? The problem seems to occur only with recent Top-Movies, if i try older Movies with MEncoder, it works.

BlackMamba
Beginner
Beginner

Re: New kind of Copy-Protection?

Post by BlackMamba » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:20 am

Hi UncleTeo
I'm happy that someone else's also came across the same problem.
That's not a Copy-Protection. Have the same problem since the version 0.8.34 Build 5716 and it bother me a lot.
I just know there is something wrong with MEncoder.

Here is a little background of my problem.
I use to transcode and encode Untouched BDs and BD Remuxes or already encoded files to reduce the file size to produce good-looking yet small MKV x265 footage for archiving purposes. And I use only MediaCoder for some reason. I use 2 pass encoding and x265 as encoder and MEncoder as source in the video tab in MediaEncoder. MEncoder gives the best quality compare to others. In the picture tab, I always use sharpen filter selected in the Effects section.

And here is the problem:
If I use Untouched BD or BD Remux like (Human Planet 2011 Blu-ray Remux VC1 FLAC 5.1-AYU2D) then the out put file will be in slow motion while playback. But if I use an already encoded file as my source for example (Human.Planet.2011.Bluray.1080p.DTS.x264-CHD) then it will be no problem.
But I wanna use a better quality source so that's why I prefer to use BD or Remuxes.
In the latest versions of MediaCoder, MEncoder has x64 version. In x64 version of MEncoder if I select the Sharpen filter in the Picture tab, Effect section, then the videoencoder doesn't use all my CPU power so the encoding speed drops dramaticly; but if I unselect the sharpen filter then the encoding speed is good and videoencoder will use all my CPU power.

I think it would be more helpfull if we directly contact Stanly and explain about the problem we're facing.

Here is a one min sample of output file to know exactly what the problem is:

Code: Select all

http://Trainbit.com/files/4981147884/Life_Disc_1_t02.mkv

I used a BD as my source for the uploaded file.