Using MediaCoder with Motion Interpolation AviSynth Script

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

rowas
Beginner
Beginner

Using MediaCoder with Motion Interpolation AviSynth Script

Post by rowas » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:11 am

Hello, there. I recently began trying out MediaCoder to use as the medium to run motion interpolation conversion to double the frame rates of videos to 60fps. Before this, I would use MeGUI as prescribed in this guide.

However, for certain reasons, I cannot continue using MeGUI and looked for a viable alternative that has the same functionality. Essentially, this is just a script that links to "Smooth Video Project" plugins that are extracted into the tools directory which then get called for the conversion process.
I attempted to make this work with MediaCoder. I loaded the script into the "Script Template" under the AviSynth tab and made sure that the it pointed to the plugins correctly. It encodes the video, but the final result has exactly the same frame rate as the source file. As of right now, I'm not worried about touching any other settings other than what is necessary for MediaCoder to use the script. I would worry about the specifics next.

I was wondering if anyone here could find the time download the "InterFrame" files and use them with MediaCoder and list the steps they took to get the desired result?

Related Information
MediaCoder v0.8.30 build 5622
Video file information
Time 3:00; MKV; 1280x720; for playback

HuggiL
Modest
Modest

Re: Using MediaCoder with Motion Interpolation AviSynth Scri

Post by HuggiL » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:52 pm

This sounds way over my head... I can give it a try but because I have end-of-semester uni exams coming up in just over a week, this will probably have to wait until after my exams finish.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Tips & Guides: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Older versions: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

eduolfer
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Using MediaCoder with Motion Interpolation AviSynth Scri

Post by eduolfer » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:56 am

Hi Man.
I can do interpolation using another pluguin the avisynth: msu frame rate interpolation, and works perfectly.