Encoding videos with AAC audio using Avisynth

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Shifty
Beginner
Beginner

Encoding videos with AAC audio using Avisynth

Post by Shifty » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:23 am

So I usually encode mkv's with subtitles for portable devices (ipod touch specifically) by selecting Avisynth as the video source and making sure I have the appropriate settings in my directshow decoders, haali, etc. This has worked fine for most of my encodes, but recently I've discovered that whenever I try to encode an mkv that has AAC-based audio, the audio in the transcoded result is sped up chipmunk-style. The problem seems to be that whenever Mediacoder uses Avisynth to encode an mkv with AAC, it does NOT open the FFDShow Audio Decoder like it usually does for other videos with say, Vorbis audio. Now I'm not sure if this is a problem with Avisynth, Mediacoder or some obscure setting, but can anyone help me out with this?

P.S. The FFDShow Audio Decoder opens to decode audio if I simply try to play an mkv with AAC audio in MPC.

I'm using the CCCP 2010-05-21 Beta and Avisynth 2.58. (yes I've tried different versions of CCCP for the hell of it: no help there). I'm also using the latest version of MediaCoder.

encroder
Modest
Modest

Re: Encoding videos with AAC audio using Avisynth

Post by encroder » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:04 am

FFDshow no trouble if don't use many other directx filters, can be plenty trouble if you do. Have just got the final barrow load of avisynth frontends to test. If find i need ffdshow installed then i'll forget about using avisynth forever.

Check the sampling rate set to 48000 Hz as is used most often with AAC

Shifty
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Encoding videos with AAC audio using Avisynth

Post by Shifty » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:04 pm

Checking the Resample option and setting it to 48000 didn't work. If there was just some way to get Mediacoder/Avisynth to use the FFDShow Audio Decoder when transcoding (like with other videos) I'm sure it would work fine.