Sounds Disappears(FIXED myself) But new problem with subtitl

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

xnicorobin
Beginner
Beginner

Sounds Disappears(FIXED myself) But new problem with subtitl

Post by xnicorobin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi,
I've searched the site, but it doesn't seem anyone's getting a similar problem.
I've been playing with MediaCoder for a few hours now. What I am trying to do is make my file size quite a bit smaller.
I am converting HD vids to 480p which compresses from 300mb to 80mb approximately.

Anyway here's the problem. Whenever I use lameMp3 the sound disappears in the video about 10 mins in (it's 25 mins long).
I tried a lot of file combinations.
Main one I've been trying is H.264 with MP4 and lamemp3. By the way I am using Variable Rate for video to make the file size smaller.
I've also tried xvid which gives the no output error.
Anyway I've fixed the sound problem by using AC3 instead of MP3, but since mp4 doesn't support ffmpeg I had to use avi.

Now there is a problem with this that came up as well. It works fine for avi files, but when I try to convert an MKV file it gives the no output error again ... at the end of the conversion and I end up without a file =[!
So I thought to make it simpler I would keep the MKV multiplexer. I did that with AC3 and guess what? NOW SOUND DISAPPEARS HALF WAY AGAIN!!!! :(
Sigh...
I've tried quite a few other variations as well, all without success.

I am basically trying to shrink my videos, while still keeping it at good quality. 480p when it is successful shows a very clear picture for me so that works. I've tried some other converters like xilisoft and well.. when i use them they pixilate the video like crazy!

I'd really appreciate if someone would tell me the settings that would definitely work and decrease the file size of a 25min video to 80mb or so.

THanks!!~~
Last edited by xnicorobin on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xnicorobin
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Sounds Disappears in the middle of the Video

Post by xnicorobin » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:31 pm

I fixed the problem with the audio disppearing by using ffmpeg as the video source... But what that does is disable my subtitles (they are embedded into the video). No matter how I tweak subtitle options they don't come back. So what happens for most people I read is that they can't get rid of subtitles for MKV files. But my problem is the opposite I want those subtitles :(

xnicorobin
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Sounds Disappears(FIXED myself) But new problem with subtitl

Post by xnicorobin » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Well what I did was take the subtitles out, convert then put them back in manually lol. Lots of labor but got the result.
In case anyone will be having the same problem hope this will help :)
I used mkv extract to take subtitles out and mkv merge to get them back in.
Kinda troublesome programs with bad navigation but they get the job done well.
Hopefully someone came up with a less labor requiring solution though, if you did please do share.
But it's weird, now I am converting different MKV files and the subtitles are fine and the audio doesnt disappear even when I use mplayer. well actually if I use ffmpeg the subtitles disappear so I think with ffmpeg they disappear but with mplayer they don't.
Sigh.. I guess the different parameters are at fault here=/

encroder
Modest
Modest

Re: Sounds Disappears(FIXED myself) But new problem with subtitl

Post by encroder » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Mediacoder should handle this with ffmpeg or other codec. I read that ffmpeg can pipe a file and has mov2text for subs, so could extract subs to a file and then load them back automaticaly during transcode. At least that what i make of it from the ffmpeg manual. Have a look at it you should be able to use ffmpeg Extra Options input for those commands.

I use the same method for many commands. Just now looking up out to output a vob file from the mencoder manual. To use with the mencoder Extra Options input using mediacoder. There is a whole wealth of command that these codecs have that isn't yet in mediacoder. But mediacoder has atm more commands available than many like softwares. ;-)

Tried also with ffmpeg (-target pal-dvd -f vob) didn't work keeps outputting m2v with container at default or mpeg2, ts doesn't work, maybe need to do this with es streams instead !

Mediacoder container has no vob remux or mux option yet, though i'm sure have seen it on some mediacoder tab previously ?