color change (darker+more contrast) ? why?

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

boardersparadise
Modest
Modest

color change (darker+more contrast) ? why?

Post by boardersparadise » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:17 am

hi folks.
what can be the reason for a color change (darker+more contrast) from source to output video, if all settings in picture/effects are at their default values (I even clicked on "revert" and then "apply" to make sure of that) and I made sure that "auto level" is disabled ? What else could be the culprit?

I was encoding to h.264 video with MC 0.7.2.4582.
thank you

boardersparadise
Modest
Modest

Re: color change (darker+more contrast) ? why?

Post by boardersparadise » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:38 am

mixer wrote:Since I noticed you were using an older version of MC, just remember that while it might be more stable in some areas.........it won't be in others. The key is to find a version that does the job, and because 4582 is pretty old, it might have problems with some of the features. Take a look at this list by scrolling down through the versions and seeing what the differences are. I run several versions of MC on one computer (in different directories) and use each for a different "stable" feature.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6917
I thought I might reply to your PM here, so that other users can potentially benefit from your ideas, too. (I wouldn't of course quote any private content in PMs).

so thanks for your suggestion. Actually you gave me a similar tip in one of the other threads like 2 weeks ago, suggesting that if I find a version which works "better" for me, that I should stick to that one. And 4582 was far better than its predecessors for me, so I decided to stick to that one as long as releases are only bugfix-releases (i.e.until a considerable version change is upcoming.)