Problems With M2TS Files

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

alancoder
Beginner
Beginner

Problems With M2TS Files

Post by alancoder » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:55 pm

I'm trying to transcode some M2TS files into something smaller, but having a difficult time finding settings that work. Problems have included synch errors in audio/video, static in audio, blank video, video playing very fast, ... etc. I've now made about 50 attempts with different settings and have yet to arrive at a usable result, so I'm wondering how to proceed from this point. I'm hardly an expert at codecs, but I did manage to get AutoGK to work, though that took some doing. I've also rendered several videos with Premiere Pro. I've mainly messed with XviD and AVI containers. MP3 was never a reliable audio format for me with AutoGK (eternal synch problems), so I finally abandoned it in favor of just copying the audio stream unchanged, a solution I'd be happy to keep using.

Given how many things I've already tried, with no success, I guess my first question is does MediaCoder really do M2TS transcoding? Or am I operating in the far fringes of beta-test land and on my own with this one?

Thanks for any help.