New user question: WMV to MPeg2 format? Please help.

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

pat3ot
Beginner
Beginner

New user question: WMV to MPeg2 format? Please help.

Post by pat3ot » Sun May 28, 2006 12:06 am

Hi all.

I'm new to Media Coder, and so far I haven't been able to successfully convert anything with it.

I currently have some movies that are in MP4 and WMV format that I'd like to convert into MPeg2 format so I can edit them using Pinnacle Studio 8.

I've tried setting everything manually according to suggestions for converting to MP2s in the hints forum, but I get the error that says I've got my settings wrong (or it could be one of 10 other problems-- the error message is vague) I've tried using the presets for DVD compatible Mpegs and for VCD compatible mpegs and I don't get an error message, but the output file is an AVI that Windows media player can read the sound of but not the video. Pinnacle won't even open the resulting file.

What do I need to do to convert files from WMV and MP4 to MP2?

itspete
Modest
Modest

Re: New user question: WMV to MPeg2 format? Please help.

Post by itspete » Sun May 28, 2006 5:35 am

pat3ot wrote:Hi all.

I'm new to Media Coder, and so far I haven't been able to successfully convert anything with it.

I currently have some movies that are in MP4 and WMV format that I'd like to convert into MPeg2 format so I can edit them using Pinnacle Studio 8.

I've tried setting everything manually according to suggestions for converting to MP2s in the hints forum, but I get the error that says I've got my settings wrong (or it could be one of 10 other problems-- the error message is vague) I've tried using the presets for DVD compatible Mpegs and for VCD compatible mpegs and I don't get an error message, but the output file is an AVI that Windows media player can read the sound of but not the video. Pinnacle won't even open the resulting file.

What do I need to do to convert files from WMV and MP4 to MP2?
Hi.
I'll try to have something in the 'Tips And Guides' a.s.a.p
Regards
Charles