"Splash"/"Welcome" Screen.

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

fr4nk1yn
Beginner
Beginner

"Splash"/"Welcome" Screen.

Post by fr4nk1yn » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:32 am

Just upgraded to the newer version.
It no longer has a way to disable Firefox from opening on launch.
Am I missing something?

I really like the quality of this program but with it opening firefox each time, I hate programs that "call out", it may be time to go back to handbrake )':

fr4nk1yn
Beginner
Beginner

Well that was interesting.

Post by fr4nk1yn » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:20 pm

I used the crappy Windows7 firewall to block all outgoing connections. I was going for MediaCoder but it also took out Firefox.
When MediaCoder opened Firefox it opened on 127.0.0.1 with a local port AND the option not to open again, which worked.

nosignal
Amateur
Amateur

Re: "Splash"/"Welcome" Screen.

Post by nosignal » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:22 pm

The "Start MediaCoder" Button fails in Opera. So I have to load IE (OUCH!) and paste in the link, which works.
However, now, in version 0.7.2.4524, the welcome screen comes up EVERY time I load MediaCoder, which is getting beyond a drag.

Your trick of disabling internet did not work for me (Opera, Firefox, or IR).

However, I found a good solution. In MediaCoder, go to File->Settings, then Overall -> User Interface -> Do Not Show Welcome Screen, and change the value to the last 4 digits of the current version you are using (e.g. 4524). Now it is gone for good, or at least till I upgrade. It is interesting to note that it was something like 4399, so I think the code broke at this version, and forgot to update this setting after that. Maybe if you change it to 9999 it will bugger off for good.