Is Mediacoder a freeware? Why can't I transcode more then 20

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

tosiara
Amateur
Amateur

Is Mediacoder a freeware? Why can't I transcode more then 20

Post by tosiara » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:04 am

Hello,

I'm not able to transcode more then 20 tracks at a time
Version 0.7.1 4486
I'm getting this message:

MediaCoder is a freeware for personal use. You can only have at most %d items added in the transcoding queue. For professional massive transcoding, please visit our product and solution web site. Thank you

WTF???

I'm using MediaCoder for personal needs for many many years.

Is it FREEWARE or commercial application now?

tosiara
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Is Mediacoder a freeware? Why can't I transcode more then 20

Post by tosiara » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:19 am

mixer wrote:In this case, MediaCoder is free to use with limitations. If those cause problems for you, then upgrading to the "Premium" (or purchasing another software program) is the way to go.
mixer, thanks for clarifying this.
I really was a fan of MediaCoder. After it had closed the source I still had been using it as the best software and recommended to all my friends. Now I won't recommend it because of those stupid limitation. It's now became a regular SHAREWARE. I don't understand people who now will donate to shareware project.
mixer wrote:It appears that prior versions don't have this limitation and so if you don't use the latest version, then you may not have the same problem.
Actually, it's very easy to workaraund this limitation. Just owervrite few .exe and .dll from root directory and MediaCoder is freeware again. But it's a noncence to crack a freeware application. I don't like doing this

I still hope the developers will remove the limitation of maximum queue length and make MediaCoder free again

Regards

tosiara
Amateur
Amateur

Post by tosiara » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:42 pm

mixer wrote:You might try the version/build: 0.7.1 4488. I believe that the limitation has been fixed.
Yes, found some improvements.
Now it shows the messagebox but allows to add all the files to the queue and processes them
Thanks!

tosiara
Amateur
Amateur

Post by tosiara » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:29 pm

Looks like there is still a limitation of 100 files even for personal freeware use?

Can anybody explain me how FREEWARE can have limitations? Should Mediacoder be named SHAREWARE or TRIALWARE instead?

BTW, it easy patchable to bypass this limitation.
I believe in near future freeware mediacoder will have anti-debugging protection? ;)