Mediacoder icon disappeared

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

vilagan
Beginner
Beginner

Mediacoder icon disappeared

Post by vilagan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

I was halfway transcoding a movie when I had to PAUSE to do some dvd-shrink and copying of files. Naturally enough when I minimize Mediacoder, the small icon appeared in my taskbar at the lower right corner of my Win XP Home. Sometime later, something went wrong with my dvd-shrink which caused my Explorer to crash so I cancelled what I was doing then and tried to go back to RESUME my mediacoding. Umfortunately, the mediacoder icon had DISAPPEARED from my taskbar. Right-clicking on the taskbar and then CUSTOMIZE NOTIFICATION showed me that my MEDIACODER had been moved from CURRENT ITEMS to PAST ITEMS and no way can I get to it to activate it again and resume my coding. Searching via Google for methods to move from PAST ITEMS to CURRENT ITEMS has been a failure.

Has anybody else encountered such an event? I had no other recourse but to restart my machine and start my transcoding from scratch..... If anybody has a solution to this, please post a reply so I'll know what to do next time it happens.

Thanks a lot and may I just add my praise for this beautiful software - MEDIACODER !!! More power to the author(s) !!! THANKS HEAPS!!!