Presets

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

LoLyfe
Beginner
Beginner

Presets

Post by LoLyfe » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:51 am

This is probably a daft question but I'm hanging myself out here anyway...

After reading the blog entry: Using MediaCoder to produce a video that will playback on a IPOD device, I made a preset of the suggested settings. Then after looking through the forum I found a preset that seemed a little more intricate (High Res. iPod/iPhone videos from Mediacoder Full edition) and decided to give it a go. The time the endcoding took was a little daunting, so I reverted back to the original preset but found that none of the actual settings were loading. I checked the XML file and everything seemed to be in order. I then tried loading the more intricate preset and found that a lot of those settings weren't being loaded either.

The main settings that didn't seem to be loading up are featured in the Audio Options tab (Expert Mode), the encoder was showing as Lame even though the preset designated Nero.

Is there a trick to the presets that I'm missing?
I can manually change a lot of the settings but that seems to defeat the object.. right?

great product btw! It's the first one I've found that actually does what is intended...

____________________________________________________________________________________________

MediaCoder 0.7.1.4433
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz
3GB RAM
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2

LoLyfe
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Presets

Post by LoLyfe » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:09 am

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I haven't tried the Media Coding Platform, no. I'll give it a whirl..
Thanks again!