How do I install MediaCoder without spyware?

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

jumpfroggy
Beginner
Beginner

How do I install MediaCoder without spyware?

Post by jumpfroggy » Tue May 19, 2009 5:11 pm

I just downloaded and tried to install MediaCoder 0.7.0. I've been using 0.6.2 for a while. However, the installer asks me to install the RelevantKnowledge spyware, which I decline. However, declining quits the installer. So my question is; is there a way to install MediaCoder without installing the RelevantKnowledge spyware? I realize I can probably install it and uninstall RelevantKnowledge later, but I am not comfortable doing this.

Thanks for any help/suggestions. I've found MediaCoder very helpful in the past, and if this can't be resolved it'll be sad to have to look for another program to replace this one.

Placio74
Advanced
Advanced

Re: How do I install MediaCoder without spyware?

Post by Placio74 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:28 pm

jumpfroggy wrote:...However, the installer asks me to install the RelevantKnowledge spyware, which I decline. However, declining quits the installer. ...
Odd... when I checked, in choose components RelevantKnowledge Survey is disabled by default - MediaCoder is installed without RelevantKnowledge Survey (also installer do not ask whether to install it).

BTW
My antivirus soft block and remove RelevantKnowledge Survey installer (rkinstall.exe).
jumpfroggy wrote:...So my question is; is there a way to install MediaCoder without installing the RelevantKnowledge spyware? ...
Do not select RelevantKnowledge Survey in choose components.

Or... can unpack contents of installer used 7-Zip.
VideoAudio.pl - Serwis o technologii wideo & audio