How to convert mp3 to aac+?

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Enoliares
Beginner
Beginner

How to convert mp3 to aac+?

Post by Enoliares » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:31 am

Hey Guys

I'm german, so i hope you understand me. ^^

I got some problems with the transcoding of aac+. I heard of the possibility to reduce the size of my mp3 files without losing quality.
So i was googling for a while and find out that this new file type was aac+, which codec is included in this mediacoder software, right?

I downloaded this software and was really confused about all the options, codecs and such. :oops:
After some experiments, i was able to convert my first mp3 to aac with 3GPP AAC+. But i'm not satisfied.

I hope you can answer me some questions and give some tips.

First, i thought after converting, the file informations are still there, but nothing. Only the track-title was shown. Neither the Author, Album, Genre, nor the picture of the Album which was shown before converting.
Second, is it true that the quality was the same from 192 kbps mp3 to 48 kbps aac+? or should the aac+ rate be higher or can be lower?
Third, i dont understand how i can convert my whole music archive without losing the folder structure. Even if i drag and drop it, i got only the files, without any folders. I already found the checkbox for it, but it doesn't work yet.
And last but not least, is 3GPP AAC+ better than CT AAC+? Or is there no difference?

Thank you for your answers!

MfG
Eno~

jamesevans
Beginner
Beginner

Re: How to convert mp3 to aac+?

Post by jamesevans » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Well, foobar2000 will do this, but remember that the re-encoding itself will cause additional quality loss. There will be no way back either. Consider carefully!