SVN revision numbers for released builds?

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

jharp
Beginner
Beginner

SVN revision numbers for released builds?

Post by jharp » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:04 am

I want to check out the source for build 4266 (0.6.2) and build 4045 (0.6.1). What are the SVN revision numbers for these builds? Looked for this info at web site, but could not find it. Seems like it should be posted somewhere.

Thanks!

B!ink
Expert
Expert

Post by B!ink » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:02 am

Not sure what the revision number these two builds are. You can take a look at MediaCoder's SVN repository hosted at sourceforge to determine what revision it is.

http://mediacoder.svn.sourceforge.net/

jharp
Beginner
Beginner

Post by jharp » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:03 am

@B!ink - Thanks for response. I had already looked through SVN repository using TortoiseSVN before making my post. I see nothing in terms of revisions/ branchs/tags that correspond in any way to the build (e.g., 4266) or the version (e.g., 0.6.2). Maybe I'm missing something.

@MediaCoder developers - are any of you reading this? If so, please help. Or please provide a compressed archive of source for each released build. This should be a minimum policy requirement by Sourceforge. If someone wants to experiment with the latest development build, then going to the repository makes sense, but expecting people to try to dig through the repository for source for a released build is ridiculous.

B!ink
Expert
Expert

Post by B!ink » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:39 pm

Sorry that wasn't the answer you were looking for jharp. The next best thing I can suggest is by downloading and running build 4045 and 4266. Then go to Support -> About and get the build date.

Clue:
MediaCoder 0.6.1 build 4045 was built on Jan 30 2008, 01:15:41
MediaCoder 0.6.2 build 4266 was built on Feb 11 2009, 01:42:27

Run TortoiseSVN and search by date (on or around those dates). From their you should be able to determine what SVN revision number it is.

Edit:
If you're not sure, look for a text file called "whatsnew.txt" in the repository with the date mentioned above in mind.

jharp
Beginner
Beginner

Post by jharp » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:51 am

@B!ink - Thanks again for your response. Appreciate your time. I've given up on MediaCoder and am not going to use it. The concept is great, but I can do everything I need to do with other GUI and command-line tools which provide source code in a convenient and sensible manner. The MediaCoder developer(s) need(s) to take time (30 minutes max) for each released build to properly tag the repository with a build number or version number, export source code from the repository for that build/version, generate a compressed archive of that source code, and provide that compressed archive for download along with the binaries on the web site. If they cannot allocate that much time, they at least need to take 2 minutes to properly tag the repository with a build number or version number so that people trying to export/checkout a particular build/version can find it in a sensible manner. The process of tagging in Subversion is easy, and well documented in the Subversion manual and the TortoiseSVN manual. Just search either one for "tag".