How do I convert m4p files to mp3 or Windows Media Audio?

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

mrmichel0927
Beginner
Beginner

How do I convert m4p files to mp3 or Windows Media Audio?

Post by mrmichel0927 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:41 am

I recently downloaded some music from itunes (mp4 protected file format) and I want to convert them to windows media audio (so I can play them with Windows Media Player). I thought that I could do this using MediaCoder, but I can't seem to figure it out. If someone could help me out, tell me all the settings and stuff, I'm sure I could do it. I can upload the files easily, I choose an output folder, I select the WMA codec, and then hit transcode. It spits out a bunch of errors next to the tracks, and then gives me this error code: Last Error Code: 011, no file is outputed. I am really trying to convert these tracks because otherwise I can't use them and the pruchase was worth nothing! Any help would be appreciated.

kehn
Amateur
Amateur

Post by kehn » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:07 pm

Well! maybe, you can upload this kind of file .mp4 protected format on some host like Rapidshare, so we can download and try converting to .mp3 or .wma because I never know there is a kind of file like that existing or because I can't afford Itunes either! :)

Why don't you try the feature "Transcode audio only"?
I'd like to recommend, but I guest you should have known it.

Sorry for my bad! is your .mp4 is video files or audio only?
MediaCoder Lifetime User !!!

mrmichel0927
Beginner
Beginner

Post by mrmichel0927 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:57 am

thanks guys, i did a little more research and did it the easy way (burned a Cd and them ripped it to remove protection) thx though!