I'm Hopeless. ASF --> anything

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

itamaram
Beginner
Beginner

I'm Hopeless. ASF --> anything

Post by itamaram » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:07 pm

I am downloading quite a bit of live streams (mainly sound only radio) off the net and want to put it on my iPod.

But I fail to understand how am I suppose to use the program. Can anyone help me? I am getting way too many errors...

All I want is to convert my .ASF files into .AAC or .MP3 or any other iPod suppoerted file type.

Do try and keep it simple. I am not a great tech wiz.

Thanks, Itamar

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:59 pm

If you can play it with MediaCoder, you should be able to transcode it and it shouldn't need much effort.

itamaram
Beginner
Beginner

Post by itamaram » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:50 pm

stanley wrote:If you can play it with MediaCoder, you should be able to transcode it and it shouldn't need much effort.
Thats what I was thinking. But for some non apparent reason, I can't. I haven't changed any settings at all. I've set the directories and added the file, and it just won't work. What am I missing?

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:53 pm

Press F6 to call out the console window and then start transcoding and PM me the text in that window.

rambutan
Beginner
Beginner

Post by rambutan » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:26 pm

Converted wmv file to avi but could only hear the audio when playing on MediaCoder.

Converted asf file to avi but video seems to be not moving (very slow) in sync with audio.

Could not play the two converted files on either WMP or MPC installed in my PC

itamaram
Beginner
Beginner

Post by itamaram » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:26 pm

stanley wrote:Press F6 to call out the console window and then start transcoding and PM me the text in that window.
Thanks for the tip. I won't bother you with the whole text, as I can under stand the important part.

"Video stream is mandatory!"

Guess I will have to look for another program to do the job. It is surprising how many programs can convert .asf videos and can't convert simple .asf sound files...

Thanks anyway.