How to join together two videos?

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Nozema
Beginner
Beginner

How to join together two videos?

Post by Nozema » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:59 am

How to join together two videos of a file in Media Ñoder? More in detail if it is possible as it to do....

Bahamut
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bahamut » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:50 pm

You can't.

Amateur
Amateur

Post by 2121 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:08 am

modo Join, 2 AVI to AVI y son iguales, Tab Video y Tab Audio COpy Audio y Copy Video, contenedor AVI,

Imagehttp://img518.imageshack.us/img518/72/mp4acyu9.png

2 AVI to MKV, p.e., elegir el contenedor MKV y codecs de video o de audio.

Aleatha
Beginner
Beginner

Re: How to join together two videos?

Post by Aleatha » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:28 am

Unfortunately the information in these replies is woefully out of date. You can successfully combine files together (altho I have only tried it using similar files, i.e. MPG+MPG, MP4+MP4, etc.)

It should have been obvious but it took me a while to figure it out. Add the files you wish to combine, being sure to add them in the order you wish to combine them (unfortunately, this usually requires adding them one at a time to get the order right. Your mileage may vary.)

After making sure you have the files added and the order is how you want them combined, pull down the Item menu and choose Select All. Then use the Item pull down menu again and select Group. You will then see a new column appear next to each file selected with the group number (i.e. 1). You may need to scroll horizontally to see this column if you don't have MediaCoder maximized.

Double check all your audio and video settings and then simply select Start Transcoding from the Job menu. This method has been tested by me to work with all recent versions up to and including 0.8.1 build 5185 (built and released on Aug 17, 2011). All the files you group in this method will be combined in the order you added them and will result in one output file.

Hope this helps.

~~
Thea
Thea

Bharatha
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Bharatha » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:46 pm

Thank you for your post. It works for me as you described. I joined around 30 avi files into single mkv file.
Great!!!
thanks again

netsonicyxf
Beginner
Beginner

Post by netsonicyxf » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:06 pm

I have some mp4 files converted from iphone MOV format by mediacoder with the same preset.

But when tried to join these mp4 toghther, I always get error.

Megatron
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Megatron » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:21 pm

I tried this. Tried copying audio and video and failing that, letting it encode again (its already encoded from DVD to wmv just in parts). Does the interface of media coder allow encoding a file which needs to be selective about what is encoded? Seems to be only 1 in and 1 out. Also the video is being resized even though I've unchecked the option. The file properties are identical but the playback window it 30% smaller without resizing.
Noob