Problem with encoded avi to MP4 file

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Maruchan
Beginner
Beginner

Problem with encoded avi to MP4 file

Post by Maruchan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:35 am

I've tried converting an avi video to mp4 to play on my ipod but I've tried twice now to play the encoded video and here's the error I receive.

"Haali Media Splitter"
"MP4: no supported tracks found."

I know the info I've provided is vague so please fill me in on what additional information may be needed needed to resolve the issue.

Thank You

(Gotta Say, I'm very impressed with MediaCoder and glad to be here!)

Maruchan
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maruchan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:20 pm

Which audio encoder should I use that has the AAC-LC option:

FAAC
CT AAC+
Nero Encoder

???

B!ink
Expert
Expert

Post by B!ink » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:39 pm

AAC-LC mode is available in all three encoders. My choice would be Nero.

Maruchan
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maruchan » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:11 am

I encoded with the followng settings:

H.264 video
Up to 768 kbps,
320 x 240
30 frames per sec.
Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

I used FAAC as my audio encoder

After encoding is finished, I try to play the mp4 file and recieve this error message from VLC:

"Unrecognized format for C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\New Folder (2)\Harold.&Kumar-Escape.From.Guantanamo.Bay[2008][Unrated.Edition]DvDrip-aXXo_ts.txt."

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4415/60584283sp2.jpg

Now, keep in mind this is when I specifically select the mp4 file.

I've installed the latest version of K-Lite Mega Codec Pack before installing the stable build of MediaCoder. Then uninstalled it and put the older version (0.6) on it but it couldn't encode the movie all the way. I tried the latest build but quickly uninstalled because it seemed too buggy. Now, I've reverted back to the latest stable build and have bumped into this problem. :x

Maruchan
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maruchan » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:05 pm

Encoded without sound. Same results.

Should I change video encoders or the encoder's settings? (currently using MEncoder)

Also, does the "baseline profile" define encoding parameters/settings or is it a given option somewhere in MediaCoder's Interface.

btw, could an external codec pack or lack thereof cause problems?

Thanks

Maruchan
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maruchan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:46 am

Ok, with the last problem in trying to open the video, I had the MP4 version of MediaCoder installed simultaneously with the stable build of MediaCoder. I uninstalled the MP4 version and thought I would test the conversion on a sample clip after doing a revert on all the settings then using profile #2 specs verbatim. It worked for the first time!

I don't even know why I had all the troubles before despite less changes being made to the os and directories. I wish I could have pin pointed the issue at hand. Chances are it's something on my end and I hope that's the case.

Anyways, thanks for all the help and I'd be willing to provide further details if there's any nagging concern. :D