Compiling 4 Files Into 1 Output File

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

Anon
Beginner
Beginner

Compiling 4 Files Into 1 Output File

Post by Anon » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:32 am

Hello, im new.

I must say this software gets my vote for being the best free software I have downloaded this year... It does everything I wanted to be done! 8)

Anyway, here's my question:

Like the topic title, can I complile multiple files into 1 output file? If so, how do I do that exaclty?

Thanks goes to anyone that helps :wink:

Anon
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Anon » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:36 am

Thanks! your a lifesaver... :)

Anon
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Anon » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:32 pm

Oh and another quick question, how do I add audio to a AVi (with already no audio)

I clicked the mux tab had a try added a file to that box but my output video was soundless :(

ladycoder
Expert
Expert

Post by ladycoder » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:11 am

Use AVIMux_GUI

dannyv45
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Compiling 4 Files Into 1 Output File

Post by dannyv45 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:32 am

Anon wrote:
Like the topic title, can I complile multiple files into 1 output file? If so, how do I do that exaclty?
Another method to add multiple files is to use the "add Tracks" selection under the "files" dropdown. Just navigate to the folder select it then press add.

It works great for DVD rips. Not sure how well it would work for a folder full of AVI's. I imagine it should work good for audio CD's as well.

icba3000
Beginner
Beginner

Post by icba3000 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:57 am

Hi, I wanted to update this thread with the info from the latest version. I'm using Mediacoder to convert VOBs to MP4 for playing on my Droid and found this thread when searching for combining files to create a single file. I then had to search for the task mode "join" because it's not in the latest version.

Now creating a single file from a group is more streamlined. You simply select the files that are in your file list, right-click on them, then select "Group". I haven't tried it, but since it looks like you can create multiple groups from the same file list, you can most likely simply load all of your clips or whatever, group them up, then transcode/join them all!

Here is the other thread that shows the change: http://blog.mediacoderhq.com/item-group ... ure-added/

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Post by meRobs » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:00 am

Thanks, but this is an old issue.
Group has been available for at least 18 months.

By the way, have you read: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8917&p=27081#p27081
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

fiduce
Beginner
Beginner

Post by fiduce » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:32 am

Maybe its an old issue, but its still not easy to merge files.
Every 3 or 4 months, I give it a try with a new version, but it NEVER managed to join any set of files I've tried to merge.
I group them, and the the resulting movie starts with the first file and then freezes (the resulting movie has got the right length, but audio stops and video freezes after the first footage).

HuggiL
Modest
Modest

Post by HuggiL » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:59 am

fiduce wrote:Maybe its an old issue, but its still not easy to merge files.
Every 3 or 4 months, I give it a try with a new version, but it NEVER managed to join any set of files I've tried to merge.
I group them, and the the resulting movie starts with the first file and then freezes (the resulting movie has got the right length, but audio stops and video freezes after the first footage).
What you should remember is that to merge files together, they need to have the same format, codecs, video resolution, and framerate. I don't think bitrate matters but similar bitrate will obviously make for a better output. Merging/grouping does work as I just tested it and it produced an error-less file.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Tips & Guides: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Older versions: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download

Megatron
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Megatron » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:28 pm

Thanks it worked, input 60Mb output 100Mb. Is this because I used 1000 Kbps video bit rate instead of the ~600Kbps as read from input file statistics?

Is there a way to do it all in one pass i.e. not make separate cuts from the original and then join the resulting files back into the final cut?
Noob