How to disable welcome screen

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

sword
Beginner
Beginner

How to disable welcome screen

Post by sword » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:12 pm

Just downloaded MediaCoder and I have to say, it looks like an excellent program. One problem so far though, can't figure out how to disable the startup welcome screen and keep it from opening firefox to tell me "thanks for downloading" etc. I've looked at the settings, but can't make heads or tails of it. How do I do this? Thanks.
(¯`·._.·†§wo®Ð†·._.·´¯)

sword
Beginner
Beginner

Feel so stupid!!

Post by sword » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:33 pm

Figured it out, click "Don't show this page on next startup" below the "Start MediaCoder" button in browser. Would've deleted this post since I've found it, but maybe someone can benefit from my stupidity! :oops:
(¯`·._.·†§wo®Ð†·._.·´¯)

B!ink
Expert
Expert

Post by B!ink » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:44 pm

Everyone is entitled to be stupid once in awhile. That's how you learn.

:P

nosignal
Amateur
Amateur

Re: How to disable welcome screen

Post by nosignal » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:23 pm

The "Start MediaCoder" Button fails in Opera. So I have to load IE (OUCH!) and paste in the link, which works.
However, now, in version 0.7.2.4524, the welcome screen comes up EVERY time I load MediaCoder, which is getting beyond a drag.

However, I found a good solution. In MediaCoder, go to File->Settings, then Overall -> User Interface -> Do Not Show Welcome Screen, and change the value to the last 4 digits of the current version you are using (e.g. 4524). Now it is gone for good, or at least till I upgrade. It is interesting to note that it was something like 4399, so I think the code broke at this version, and forgot to update this setting after that. Maybe if you change it to 9999 it will bugger off for good.

meRobs
Expert
Expert

Re: How to disable welcome screen

Post by meRobs » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:32 pm

Actually,
nosignal wrote:File->Settings, then Overall -> User Interface -> Do Not Show Welcome Screen
needs to be the current build number, which in your case is 4524.

If you try 9999 it will probably fail!
Try it and if it works let us all know!
Have you checked out the Tips & Guides for MediaCoder? Try: http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8061
Also, get older builds at: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaCoder/old-versions#download