avi movies to psp problem

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

martincl
Beginner
Beginner

avi movies to psp problem

Post by martincl » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:52 pm

Having previously successfully recoded avi files to both ipod video and ipod touch, I've been trying to recode some avi files to MPEG-4 AVC 480x272 for my new PSP. However they seem to be recoding properly but when I put them on a memory stick and try to play them on my PSP the thumb nail on the PSP reads 'Corrupted Data'.

Also "Transfer to files PSP after done" doesn't seem to work even though it is connected to my PC (mediacoder tells me it isn't)

Please can you help

I am using the 0.6.1.4050 full version of Mediacoder and Widows Vista and PSP software 3.90.

Thanks, Martin

UPDATE I reset all the settings last night and it worked like a dream (I must have been putting the videos in the wrong files ---Doh!

iuhgnim
Beginner
Beginner

Post by iuhgnim » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:04 pm

hi...
can tell me wat are the setting u reset, or wat did u do???
which folder did u transfer the files to??

as i'm also having this 'Corrupted Data' problem.

I am using the 0.6.1.4056 full version of Mediacoder and Windows XP and PSP software 3.90m33.

Please advise and thanks...

hashime
Beginner
Beginner

Re: avi movies to psp problem

Post by hashime » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:17 am

I have noticed that when you are copying a video file over to the psp it will read as corrupt if converted into mpeg AVC format unless you also copy the config wile as well (the small text document that is created for each file when converted).
Hope that helps.