Encoding MP4 to DivX or XviD

Discuss about generic usage of MediaCoder.

Moderator: HuggiL

JayRd7
Beginner
Beginner

Encoding MP4 to DivX or XviD

Post by JayRd7 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:30 am

First let me say that it's about time I found a program where I can recode/encode every video format known to man to another format without having a stupid watermark in the background or only being able to recode the first 10 secs of the video in an unregistered program- thank you for this free great program.

Ok, so here's my problem.
I used Nero to recode some of my dvds to an mp4 format awhile back. However, I bought a Creative Labs Zen Vision: M, which only supports Mpeg-1 Mpeg-2 MJPEG. However, it DOES support DivX and XviD video formats which is why I bought it because DivX and Xvid is such great quality. I want to recode my mp4 files to xvid (preferably xvid) with this program. I choose the output format etc and choose an audio format, but every time I go to convert the file I get the big error box that says "Nothing was encoded " etc etc. I've tried a lot of combinations of using XviD and DivX with the audio output formats and nothing seems to match that will allow it to be recoded.
What should I do? Does anyone know a good combination of audio/video formats that will work with DivX or Xvid? I appreciate the help a lot,

Thanks,
Jared
JayRd7

lawson23
Beginner
Beginner

Post by lawson23 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:24 am

Not an answer but some discussion on this topic:
http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/forum ... =1835#1835
xen vision M

stanley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stanley » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:02 pm

What about with the latest build 2405? Have you tried it?
When things work together, things work.